Monday, January 4, 2016

Procrastination

pro·cras·ti·na·tion \prə-ˈkras-tə-ˈnā-shən\ noun : the act of intentionally putting off the doing of something that should be done
I confess that when it comes to procrastination I am king. You open the dictionary and it should be my face that you see as the poster boy for the word. Even if it it something I enjoy doing I find ways to put it off. Things like a project I help with every other month or writing a review for a book that releases tomorrow (Tuesday, January 5, 2016). But it all manages to get done when it needs to be done.

If you were to ask my family and friends they would likely tell you that I've always been this way. "Hurry up, slowpoke!" "Aren't you done yet?" "We're waiting!!!" It's not that I am intentionally slow, I choose to think I am pacing myself.

Even as I write this I find myself thinking of things I could be doing. Like reading the news on the Internet or searching iTunes for new music to listen to or seeing if Hulu has any new TV shows or movies I want to watch. Or maybe shooting an e-mail off to a friend I haven't talked to for a while, or maybe even calling them.

But, no, I'm going to be good. I'm going to close this blog out and actually do what I'm supposed to do. Unless . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment