Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy new year!!!

Well, 2016 is just 18 hours in where I live and I have already procrastinated in getting the first post to my blog written and uploaded. I wish I could say it's because I was finishing reading a new book to review, or listening to music, or watching something cool and interesting. But, no, I've been reading a comic strip online.

I read between 50 and 70 comic strips on a daily basis. Everything from Adam@Home to Zack Hill. My current favorites are Girth by Steve Powell and Red and Rover by Brian Basset. Oh, and Frazz, and Bloom County 2015 and . . . well, you get the point. I like comic strips.

The folks at GoComics.com make it easy for folks like me to read a lot of strips each day. This week, a large banner at the top of their home page lets visitors know about Not Invented Here by Bill Barnes and Friends. The strip is about software coders and is okay for a chuckle or two. GoComics.com is presenting the strip from the beginning on September 21, 2009. Because I couldn't wait, I found the strip online and have read nearly three years' worth of the strip. I'm currently on May 1, 2012.

And that is why I am posting to this blog at nearly 7:00 p.m. on New Year's Day.

I am also reading two novels which will have reviews published in the next few days. I rarely start more than one book at a time, but these are two totally different genres that I feel safe in knowing I'm not going to transport characters from one book into the other. No promises, though.

Anyway, check back daily to see what else I blog about. Who knows what each day will bring? Well, I do . . . in a kinda sorta way. Still, life has a way of surprising you so expect the usual but be prepared for the unexpected.

Happy new year, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment